I would like to draw your attention to an event that the Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing (IWR) of Heidelberg University will organize – the IWR School 2018 “Advances in
Mathematical Optimization”, October 8-12, 2018.
The short courses given by
– Tobias Achterberg, Gurobi
– Hans Georg Bock, Heidelberg University
– Christian Kirches, Technical University of Braunschweig
– Martine Labbé, Université Libre de Bruxelles and INRIA
– Gerhard Reinelt, Heidelberg University
– Andrea Tramontani, CPLEX Optimization, IBM Italy
– Stephen J. Wright, University of Wisconsin, Madison
and myself will cover fundamental concepts, latest innovations and many practical applications of continuous, discrete and mixed-integer optimization as well as of optimal control and game theory.
We cordially invite your coworkers and your PhD students to participate in the school. The registration deadline is August 31, 2018. Further information can be found at
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact me.
Best wishes and looking forward to welcome your students!
Prof. Dr. Ekaterina Kostina
Institute for Applied Mathematics
Im Neuenheimer Feld 205